KKR vs PBKS: 53rd IPL match prediction
KKR vs PBKS: To begin their IPL 2023 season, the Punjab Kings will host the Kolkata Knight Riders. Both of the teams had a poor prior campaign, finishing outside the playoffs. However, both teams are hoping to get things going well now that their rosters have been revised. Shreyas Iyer, the Knight Riders' captain, was forced to withdraw due to a back ailment, dealing a severe setback to the team before the start of the season.
KKR will be under pressure in the first game as a result of this absence and a lack of strong death-bowling alternatives. While Punjab Kings, in contrast to prior years, have a full team with top-notch players in every position. Great foreign stars are included in the Shikhar Dhawan-led Kings. Punjab's inexperienced Indian contingent has to perform well if they want to make a playoff push.
KKR vs PBKS: Match details
Match: KKR vs PBKS 53rd Match (IPL 2023)
Date: Monday, May 08, 2023
Time: 7:30 PM
Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
KKR vs PBKS: Match Overview
Kolkata Knight Riders
With eight points in hand, the Kolkata Knight Riders are in eighth place in the points table. However, they will no longer be able to make the playoffs if they lose any of their upcoming games.
After starting the match on the wrong foot in the first session, the Kolkata Knight Riders showed that they were serious about winning their previous match against Sunrisers Hyderabad. Nitish Rana and Rinku Singh regained their team's chance of winning the match, which they did later.
Kolkata group's initial players can't give them a good 50+ organization in the entire season which makes circumstances hard for the center request hitter who doesn't get an opportunity to settle down on the grounds that Rinku Singh and Nitish Rana need a few balls to settle down, so they start their hitting exhibit.
Nitish Rana was pleased with the Kolkata Knight Riders bowling unit and the team, but he also said that they all needed to improve.
This time, Vaibhav Arora did a good job for the team because the Kolkata Knight Riders had trouble with their pace bowling and mostly relied on spin bowlers. In the previous match, pace bowlers did well, and the team hopes to see the same performance against the Punjab Kings, who have a great batting lineup.
The fact that Mumbai Indians chased down runs in just 18.5 overs in Punjab Kings' previous match demonstrates how poorly their bowlers performed. They are still trying to get into the playoffs and are currently ranked 10th.
Their next match is against the team they beat easily in their last IPL match on April 1, 2023. The match was affected by rain, but Punjab controlled the game completely. In the upcoming match at Eden Gardens in Kolkata against the Kolkata Knight Riders, the bowling department must improve and perform better.
The Punjab Kings' bowling lineup might change a few times, but right now, they're doing fine even if no one changes. Only Nathan Ellis and Rishi Dhawan bowled well in the most recent match.
The fact that Liam Livingstone is back to his old self is great news for the Punjab Kings. In the last match, he destroyed the Mumbai Indians bowlers, particularly his own international teammate Jofra Archer.
Liam Livingstone scored an astounding 82 runs in only 42 balls with a 195 strike rate, and the three sixes he hit against the Bowman were one to look for every one of the players all over the planet.
For the Punjab Kings this season, Jitesh Sharma has excelled after routinely hitting in the majority of games. He possesses the abilities necessary to be a great finisher and might soon be selected for the Indian cricket squad for the T20 format. He struck out on 181 balls, scoring 49 runs in just 27 pitches. Even though he faces few balls, he is the team's second-highest run-scorer with 239 runs in 10 games. As an opener, he may be put to the test. Shikhar Dhawan expressed his displeasure with his bowler at the post-game presentation.
KKR vs PBKS: Probable XI
Kolkata Knight Riders
Andre Russell, N Jagadeesan(w), Sunil Narine, David Wiese, Vaibhav Arora, Umesh Yadav, Jason Roy, Venkatesh Iyer, Nitish Rana(c), Rinku Singh, Varun Chakaravarthy
Prabhsimran Singh, Shahrukh Khan, Harpreet Brar, Rishi Dhawan, Rahul Chahar, Shikhar Dhawan(c), Matthew Short, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma(w), Sam Curran, Arshdeep Singh
KKR vs PBKS: Pitch report
The neutral Eden Gardens pitch in Kolkata has recently favored spinners and batsmen. The Kolkata Knight Riders' score against Mumbai Indians in the 2019 IPL season was the highest ever recorded on this particular surface. The surface will be ideal for batsmen, and there will be dew in the batting second, making it easier for bowlers who struggle to grasp the ball to chase and harder for them to defend. In the most recent match, Chennai Super Kings posted the highest team total in the Indian Premier League 2023 with 235 runs. This ground also scores well.
Gujarat Titans were able to chase down 179 runs in just 17.5 overs in the last match played on this pitch, which was a neutral affair between Kolkata Knight Riders and Gujarat Titans. However, the Kolkata Knight Riders bowling was subpar.
When Noor Ahmad bowled, there was a little turn in the match, but when the due came, the bowlers had a hard time gripping the ball well. Batsman found it simple to play their shots while pursuing, which was one motivation behind why the Gujarat Titans hitter could undoubtedly pursue down a decent aggregate.
KKR vs PBKS: Weather report
The temperature in Eden Gardens, Kolkata, India, over the next ten days, will reach a high of 48°C (119°F) on Wednesday. On Thu, the minimum temperature will be 78°F (26°C). On Saturday, the most precipitation will be 42.50 millimeters or 1.67 inches. On Friday, the windiest day is expected to be 45 kilometers per hour or 28 miles per hour.
KKR vs PBKS: Toss prediction
In Eden Gardens, Kolkata, it is anticipated that both teams will attempt to win the toss and bowl first. Because of the solid batting setups of the two groups, a high-scoring match appears
to be probable. We have witnessed teams at this location achieve enormous scoreboard aggregates due to the excellent wicket conditions. It's hard to get a total in the second inning because the pitching hasn't changed much. The coin-throw champion will not reconsider their decision to bowl first on this surface.
KKR vs PBKS: Pre-play prediction
Best batter: Jason Roy (KKR), Prabhsimran Singh (PBKS)
Best bowler: Varun Chakravarthy (KKR), Rishi Dhawan (PBKS)
Best all-rounder: Sunil Narine (KKR), Sam Curran (PBKS)
Player of the match: Sam Curran (PBKS)
KKR vs PBKS: Match Prediction
Our expert analysis indicates that the Kolkata Knight Riders have a 45% chance of winning this match, while the Punjab Kings have a 55% chance. However, it is essential to keep in mind that anything can occur in cricket, and the outcome will be determined by how well the players perform on the day of the match.
If it's not too much trouble, go ahead and read Exchmarket.net's match expectation for the following match among KKR and PBKS. Come back to our website in the future for additional IPL-related updates and game predictions.